When: Tuesday, June 29th at 3:00PM
Where: On Zoom. Click here to register.
Join us for this inclusive program about providing music events for and by teens. Panelists will talk about the importance of running effective programs, the need for innovative and creative programming for teen audiences, with special attention given to virtual spaces, and provide guidance to community and library representatives on how to interpret and promote the wants and needs of teen musicians, performers, artists, and all-around visionaries. BPL President David Leonard and BPL Teen Technology Coordinator Christopher Jacobs with serve as moderators for this informative, instructive, and inspiring discussion!
- Ritse Adefolalu, Youth Librarian, BPL Lower Mills Branch
- Red Shaydez, Artist Development Director, The Hip Hop Transformation
- David “Lightfoot” Bellow, Audio Engineer, The Hip Hop Transformation
- Anthony “Hamstank” Hamoui, Independent Audio Producer, BPL Mentor
All panelists were winners of our Statewide Teen Music Maker Showdown, the footage of which can be viewed at the bottom of this listing.
- M’Zariah Starr (The LOOP), Dorchester, 1st place
- Marcia Bibbins (The LOOP), Dorchester, 1st place
- Jessica Barco Guerra (Nayely), Chelsea, 2nd place
- Jamie Leslie (Jamie Glover), Brookline, 3rd place
Following the conversation, there will be a Q&A session and musical performances by teens. We hope to see you there! In the meantime, feel welcome to watch the recording of our Teen Music Maker Showdown: